Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Awake with Chickens

So, tonight is our first night in our new home.

It's weird.

Like, super duper weird.

G fell asleep first.

After warm milk, Evie fell asleep next.

Luke needed some lavender oil in addition to the warm milk, but it still took awhile for him to fall asleep.

I'm awake.  Dammit.

The pets are also awake.  Dammit.

And Chuck?  Yeah . . . definitely asleep.

The days are filled with unpacking boxes -- lots and lots of boxes.  At the end of each day my feet are killing me!  And I ordered some new tennis shoes last week, but I accidentally had them delivered to my old address.  Oops.  I guess I'll figure that out later today when the rest of the world is awake.

Until then, here's a pic of me at our new house.



And here is a picture of Luke at a new restaurant we discovered last weekend called Seasons Harvest Cafe.  It is literally out in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by cow pastures.  The family that runs it is totally granola, but I loved the food!  It was a bit weird when the chicken was wandering around our tables on the patio, and even weirder when the rooster chased down Luke and weirder still when I found George playing in the composite heap . . . seriously.  Still, I'd love to go back soon!  And I really love the genuine smile on Luke's face in this picture!

No comments: