Monday, February 12, 2007

Just a Beginning


I am drawing my inspiration for this blog from a co-worker's daughter who writes almost daily about her daughter who was born premature. What a wonderful way to share your thoughts and views on the world. It is a narrow window to an individual point of view that can't be duplicated. I love the idea that anyone or no one may be reading this.


I, myself, am a mother of two. My son will turn 3 on April 12 and my daughter will be two on September 21. They are my life and my inspiration, but first came love. Eddie was my first love, always and forever. Luckily, I still have him to lean on as we venture through the world of parenthood. And truly it is a whole new world.


I love every moment, but it is definitley a hands-on learning experience. Some days I have no idea what I'm doing and I look back on the entire day to determine if I accomplished anything other than filling my son's brain full of Dora the Explorer so that he will subconsiously be attracted to hispanic women as an adult. (Obviously, not on purpose . . . but I have to admit that I am partial to men in bowties so maybe Captain Kangaroo stuck).


To be quite frank, however, most days I only spend a few hours with my children because I am a full-time attorney. I see the babies when I take them to school and then when I get home around 7:00. They go to bed around 8:30, so it is a short day as a parent to say the least. I believe that these hours are more precious to me than when I spend an entire day with the kids. I de-stress by losing myself in their screams of "Mommy!!!" and the first hug when I come in the door. That is, perhaps, my favorite time of day. There is nothing like the love of a child.

No comments: