Friday, July 13, 2012

Jewelry Nuts

I'm a little cheeky about this as if I had anything to do with the success, but I like to brag that I have some friends who started an amazing business called Jewelry Nut Auctions.  Click here to see their website. 


It's a facebook jewelry auction.  Yeah, I'd never heard of such a thing before either, but it's amazing!  I really don't know how I am lucky enough to know such bright, accomplished businesswomen, but I do.  And it is so much fun to have watched their business explode.  And I mean EXPLODE!  They only started this business less than a year ago.  They started out with just local friends like me! *wink, wink*  But soon, they were nation-wide, and today they have over 19,500 people who follow their auctions!!!!  Can you imagine??? 

I have purchased several items from them and I love them.  In fact, I bought something last night - I'm very susceptible after a glass of wine.  But it is so much fun to be engaged in the auction.  I had no idea I would enjoy it so much, especially since I don't wear much jewelry at all.

So, here's how it works.  At 8:00 p.m. CST, they begin posting items of jewelry.  One item at a time on their FB page.  They give you a brief description, the price, and the quantity they have to sell.  Sometimes there are just 5 or sometimes there are Lots.  If you want to buy the item, you post "SOLD" and enter your paypal account email.  The trick is that if there are just five available, you have to be one of the first five to post "SOLD" on FB.  Otherwise, you don't win the auction.  Plus, during the week they give you previews of hot jewelry that will be in the auctions.  It's so much fun!

And here they are!  My sweet, beautiful, entrepreneurial friends, Meredith and Victoria!

Photo by Jill Johnson
You can read more about these two amazing girls and how it all started in the following articles.



And here's some of the jewelry. 
They are keeping me in style!




I have to admit, they are amazing and I admire them so much!

No comments: