Friday, September 7, 2012

Get ready for Random

I know, I know, I know.

I totally suck these days.

I don't know why.

So, instead of having anything specific to say, here are some random thoughts.

  • I saw a man in a kilt washing windows yesterday.  Hmm . . . yup, I have no idea what that was about, but in Fort Worth that is very, very random.

  • George turned down the bowl of cheerio's I made him for breakfast this morning and made his own version of the Breakfast of Champions -- A lunchables pizza.  I'm cool with it if he cooks it.  And he did.
  • My car is giving me trouble . . . again.  It's really starting to piss me off.
  • The kids have their first soccer games this weekend.  I'm annoyed that we have the first game at 8:30 a.m.  Why can't they start just one hour later.  I like to sleep in on the weekends (and every other day of the week for that matter).
  • I'm obsessed with this song called Far Away by Ingrid Michaelson right now.  Enjoy.




  • The kids got to go to the lake last weekend where they could not get enough of riding around in these boats.  I, on the other hand, couldn't get enough wine in my system, so while I was wading through the water in my clothes to take these shots, I fell in the lake completely, but managed to save the phone. Whew!  Sadly, I gave up trying to take pictures of the other kids too.  So, all you get is George.  But let me assure you that Luke and Evie were experts at getting around in these things.


  • I took Walter to Soccer practice last week and I instantly became the favorite parent on the field.  Kids swarmed around me during their water breaks to pet the dog.  I had no idea.  I let Evie walk him around the playground and she had the same experience.  Several of the admirers had left by the time I took this picture.


  • After arriving home from Paris, I have had more cappuccinos than I ever had before then.  Strange how that works.  Cappuccinos in Paris were delicious.
  • My mom has lost 20 pounds on Weight Watchers and looks fantastic.  Check this out!

  • Last week we went to a local Mexican Restaurant called Pulido's where there was a man playing a harp and apparently he has played at the White House, Carnegie Hall, and other prestigious venues. Random?  Yes, I think so too.  He was amazing!  The kids couldn't take their eyes off of him, and neither could I.  He was really good!
[I had a video here, but it won't upload. Bummer]



  • On my facebook page a while ago, it suggested that I might like these two pages.


Really? Um, no thank you.

But then it suggested I might like these two pages.


Oh, hell yeah! Yes, please!

Remember, I promised random, and this shit is random.  And sadly, that's all I've got for now.  I'll probably have soccer updates next week. Y'all enjoy it!

2 comments:

Joan said...

I think the song reflects your post vacation wishes to "take me away". I am so blessed to truly love my job. I hope that someday you can have a job doing what you truly love.<3

Theresa said...

Thanks, Joanie. Love you, and so glad you love your job!