Tuesday, September 11, 2012

More than just another day . . .

There are only a handful of events in your life that truly define who you are and who you will become.  I'm sad to say that September 11th is one of those events that will always be with me.  It will always be a broken part of my heart, knowing that our lives and our freedom are more delicate than we believe.  There are never sufficient words to describe the feelings, memories, or sadness that I experience on the anniversary of September 11th, nor the profound sense of American pride that I felt and witnessed in 2001.  I have never seen an event so totally unite this nation.  It was surreal.  It was frightening.  It was history.  And I lived a part of it.

Today, I came across this blog post by Meg Cabot.  She's an amazing author, but this description of her September 11th experience tells of things I've never heard of, even in the 11 years since the event took place.  Read it and relive the day that re-shaped this nation.

http://www.megcabot.com/2012/09/9112001/

I am, as ever, proud to be an American, and grateful to those who defend us.

No comments: