Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dinner for Breakfast . . . and Lunch . . . and maybe Dinner

I made one of the most delicious dinners I can make last night.  "Chicken Divan" from a recipe on the back of a Velveeta Box that my sister (Cathy) and I found when I was young (maybe 12?).  I brought it to the marriage and we've loved it.  It takes a bit of prep, but I swear it's delicious . . . and fattening.  It's a combination of Velveeta Shells & Cheese, broccoli, chicken, and a cream sauce on top.  So, I made it last night for the family. 

  • Evie ate every bite with the promise of a popsicle after she finished.  She cleared her plate FAST!
  • Luke whined, delayed, and pushed his food around until I told him he would have to eat it for breakfast if he didn't eat it tonight.  After some negotiations, Luke ate two of the three ingredients: just the broccoli and chicken.
  • George flat out refused to eat it, even with the threat of making it his breakfast.  So, this was his breakfast this morning.


George has now delayed the consumption of this meal until lunch.  He has to be getting hungry, right?

1 comment:

Joan said...

Is the food gone yet?