Tuesday, August 27, 2013

77 Days

For the first time in 77 days, the house was silent and empty yesterday.  I can't help myself, it was just so wonderful to have them doing something productive.  I was going to go crazy if they refused to read a book one more time this summer. 

So, we sent Luke and Evie off to school yesterday.  I'm in love with their teachers, so life is GREAT . . . so far.  There's time for it to all go south, mostly for Luke because he just isn't your model student.  That's not to say he's a bad student.  He's smart, interested, kind, and happy.  But he is not attentive, driven, or enthusiastic about school.  So, we begin yet another year with signs that I will be pressing him every step of the way to finish his work, read his books, and study for tests.  Not a great thing for me, but I guess it is what has to be done.



We also sent Amber off to college last week, and she posed dutifully for her "first-day-of-school" picture at age 18.  What a patient and kind niece!

 
And as for George, well, three weeks into school he is coming down with a cold.  Isn't that always the way?

No comments: