Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It makes sense...I think.

I came home after a meeting last night, and even though the kids were already in bed, I saw this sitting on our coffee table:


I asked Chuck, "Is everyone okay?  Is someone sick?"

Chuck looked at me like I was crazy, so I pointed to the medicine syringe and asked, "What's that for?"

Understanding dawned briefly and he quickly dismissed my concerns saying while returning his eyes to the television show, "I was explaining to Luke how hydraulic cylinders work." 

I responded sarcastically, "Well, of course you were."  And with a snort, I asked, "And how did that come up in conversation."

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Chuck said, "Luke didn't understand why fluid came out of the transformers when they got cut in half."

And, yes, that makes perfect sense why you would then get into a discussion of hydraulic cylinders and how they work.

Welcome to my very strange life.

No comments: