Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Camping with the F-word

My favorite story this week comes from the kids' camping trip with Chuck.  Of course, they drove Chuck crazy with their lollygagging. But there were some gems that he sent home via text. For example, look at these two looking amazing in front of that gorgeous blue sky at Lake Mineral Wells. I wouldn't have guessed that they were in Texas. (And did you notice that she's pushing him away?)  

 
Or there's the quote from Evie: "I was born to make As"  Luckily, she does make As.
 
But my favorite story was George drawing an "F" as told through Chuck's text message:
 
G - I'm making an F in the dirt.
 
C - Why?
 
G - It's for the F-word.
 
C - Really?!?! So, whats the F-word?
 
G - It's a bad word.
 
C - Ok.  Tell you what.  Why don't you whisper it to me?
 
G - Oh. I don't know what it is.  Luke and Evie just told me it's called the F-word, so I'm making an F in the dirt.
 
C - Ok. Why?
 
G - Because you use bad words when you're mad.
 


And this is the precious little kid sleeping off his anger after drawing an F in the dirt. I might try that next time I'm angry.

No comments: