Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 is OUT!

So here we are on the cusp of a new year, and I, like everyone else, sits back and reflects upon the events of the 365 days that just zoomed past.  I have to admit that, while I am indescribably grateful for the life I've been blessed with and the opportunity to live this last year, it wasn't my favorite year by any stretch of the imagination.  I've been frank about our difficulties, our challenges, our "opportunity to grow" (as an optimist would phrase it).  But with all that said, I'm not sorry to put this year in our rear view mirror. It was difficult.  Nonetheless, as I type this entry, I can look at my beloved husband who is slumbering loudly next to me, and know that my family is all that matters.  And to add a little cherry to the top of my family, I have to admit that I have some pretty damn awesome friends.  I'm beyond blessed.

Sure, this isn't what y'all come here to read.  I know that the funny shit that is my life drives traffic to this blog (or at least, it used to drive traffic to the blog when I posted regularly), but why hide who I am and what's going through my head?  Truth be told, my life really could be a reality TV show.  I'm not sure how funny shit happens to us all the time, but it does.  For example, my kids were discussing "Pole-Dancing Barbie" yesterday.  With wide eyes, I listened to them question why she could only wear underwear.  George literally asked, "Why can't she wear clothes?"  My only question was, "Where in the world did you guys hear about this?"  Luke promptly answered with true joy and innocence in his voice, "The internet!"  Anyone got any suggestions for a good parental control software/device/whatever?

I hope you all had an absolutely wonderful Christmas and that your new year is absolutely AMAZING!  I plan for mine to be awesome, but we'll see how it goes.  I'll be back with pictures sometime soon!  Hugs and love to all!

And don't forget to eat  your black eyed peas on New Year's Day!  (Anyone have any other traditions I should follow to guarantee a wonderful 2015?)


No comments: