Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Did y'all have a happy Thanksgiving?

We did!  Lots of travel for us. We spent our Thanksgiving tailgating with Chucky Love and his closest 200 friends in College Station.  Luckily, we actually had Wednesday entirely to ourselves just as one big happy family.  Most of the day was spent getting ready for the tailgate the next day, but I'll take it.  We still had a great time and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful for tailgating!

Hanging out at the Dixie Chicken for lunch.


 
Learning to play dominoes at the Dixie Chicken.

 
Grandpa Chuck showing the kids where he lived.

 
Our Monkeys at the Century Tree.







 
Playing piano in the MSC.  I learned that George can play Mary Had Little Lamb! I had no idea!

 
Setting up the tailgate with the entire family in tow.



That night we took the kids to the Student Bonfire off campus.  It was really a great thing, although much smaller than it was when it was on campus.  That's probably a good thing.  The kids thought it was pretty cool - amazing how hot it gets!  I think we all had a great time! I'm so glad we took them to see it!

 

 
Before:
 
After: 


The next day there was soooo much food!  We ate tons of turkey, stuffing, and all the fixin's!  So delicious!!!!  I didn't really even lift a finger, so thank you to all those wonderful people who cooked! Yum!

Here are Chuck and Tim posing like sorority sisters.

 
Kids on top of the Army Truck which I ended after George climbed up there.

 
Of course, they were not very happy that I ended their fun!

 
But at least Luke still liked me.

 
And later we got to see some wrestling.

 
Plus, fun with the family - my brother Mike and my sister-in-law Lisa
(who is really more like a sister - no "law" needed)!

 
And then at the game!  I swear we are closer than if we went to a high school football game. 
I love it!







 
Such a wonderful holiday!
 
We topped the whole trip off with a visit to my mom's house and a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner on Friday evening at my Tom & Jennifer's House (my brother and my sister-in-law - no "law" needed there either).  Lordy, but that woman can cook! 
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!  Now time for my favorite holiday of the year!!!

2 comments:

Joan said...

I am so saddened I did not get to see you all this past weekend. SOOOO looking forward to Christmas!!!!

Theresa said...

Oh, it would have been great to see you! Christmas will be here before we know it!