Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Snow Day 3

Let me just begin by saying that I'm soooo far behind with everything!  Heavens to Betsy!

Still, we had such a fun time enjoying the real snow last week.  It made for a ridiculous amount of chaos for the entire area, not just my household.  What a mess!  Just look at this traffic report from the middle of the day when everyone hit the roads in a panic and slid EVERYWHERE!



With that said, once we got home and settled, the kids had some fun in the snow and even enjoyed making snow angels!


Our friends Stephanie and Mike (also George's kinder teacher) even came and picked up all three kids and took them to a nearby hill to slide like crazy!  They had a blast and came back cold and worn out.  Love!


Even though I'm still trying to catch up after the snow, and we have more snow in our immediate forecast, I'm super thrilled that I got to spend this time with the kids.



My favorite thing that has come out of it is Evie's talent and desire to build and tend an amazing fire.  Love that girl.  She stokes the fire when needed, and adds a log at a time very carefully (with our supervision, of course, but she doesn't have to be told when the fire needs some tending).  Amazing girl!  Unfortunately, we've gone through an entire cord of wood this winter so we are going to have to get just a few more logs to get us through the bitter cold over the next two days.  I'll have to document her talent!

No comments: