Life is moving with the speed of the Millennium Falcon. I think there have been TWO Star Wars movies that were released since I last posted here. My kids have grown, they've made friends, they've had birthdays, they've complained and laughed, they've traveled. Its been a crazy year and a half, and here we are. Still happy. Still working through the daily rigors of childhood. Still blessed beyond imagination.
So, I'll pick up here in the new year. I didn't intend for this to be a new year's resolution, but perhaps that is the exact label it needs to light a fire under my ass. I've missed it. And I've missed you.
So, here I am. I am home.
Bring it on!
Happy New Year! Hope you all are wonderful! I've made some wonderful resolutions this year and they are really just an all-around effort to be a better person:
1. Get bikini ready - Seriously! I was in Target this weekend and they already had swimsuits out!
2. Read the entire bible. Utilizing an app called the Bible App to do this. It requires less than 15 minutes of reading each day. I'm starting at the beginning and have high hopes for this year.
3. Write, write, write! I want to finish that book this year. This. Is. The. YEAR!!!
4. Reduce my alcohol consumption. Don't get me wrong; I love drinking, and I really love wine. Unfortunately, I need a break and I think that will help with Resolution No. 1.
5. Save money and live on a better budget. To me, this is a lot like dieting. If I'm not counting calories, then I'm going crazy. If I'm not watching my budget, then I'm spending willy nilly.
6. Get the kids to each more fruits and vegetables. Ugh. This might be the most difficult, but luckily they are finally at an age where it isn't like pulling teeth just to get them to try new foods.
7. Reduce restaurants. Lordy! We spend sooooo much money on restaurants and it's just plain stupid. I hate dishes, but I love cooking so at least I'll enjoy half of this new habit.
That's it! Any resolutions you have to share with me?
No? No one there? Ha! I'm sure that's right. Well, no one may be reading this, but I'll be back soon!