Thursday, June 26, 2008

Missing my babies

I'm really missing my kids today. I was home by 7:00 last night, but I still feel like I didn't get to see them for very long. Plus, I was asleep by about 9:30 although I finally climbed the stairs to my wonderful bed at 10:00. I'm so tired since I'm carrying the little fetus around. I wish I could spend lots of fun time with Luke and Evie tonight, but I have yet another clerk event. I think I mentioned it, at Lanny's. It is very yummy, but sometimes homemade grilled cheese sounds appealing too.

I hope the babies don't forget who I am. Nights and weeks like these make it even harder to leave them at daycare in the morning because I feel like I'm constantly abandoning them. Chuck gets all the fun of being the hero when he picks up. It is the best feeling to walk into their classrooms in the evening and when they see you they light up, call out excitedly, "Mommy!" and run over to you for a hug. It is the absolute best feeling in the world - better than their first smile or laugh. The only thing that tops that is when they say, with all sincerity, "I love you." I love them like crazy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hear ya...I felt like that last night. Went to see Sex and the City with Allison and Jenny last night and ended up missing Zach 630 and 10pm feeding so I basically only saw him for like an hour or so last night when I picked him up from day care! UGH. I was proud that Matt had taken good care of him and had him sound asleep when I got home...but I was really missing that last feeding with my boy :(