Friday, February 14, 2014

"a force to be reckoned with, a soul on fire..."

I saw this article being passed around Facebook and I finally read it. 

"Words From a Father to His Daughter (From the Makeup Aisle) by Kelly M. Flanagan

I'm so glad I did.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Even though it's a letter from a father to his daughter, I recommend that every woman of every age read it.  It's spot on.


Most particularly, this line caught my attention, because it describes my sweet Evie better than I ever could:
When you have a daughter, you start to realize she's just as strong as everyone else in the house -- a force to be reckoned with, a soul on fire with the same life and gifts and passions as any man.
Truly, Evie is the fiercest person in our home.  I hope she stays that way.  We adore her!


 
Shakespeare got it right...



And when I wasn't looking, she took no less than 25 pictures of herself on my phone and a couple of videos too.  Here are some of the many faces of Evie.  (I predict that one day she will regret having taken these pictures!)










No comments: