Friday, February 3, 2012

Rodeo Day

I don't really understand the inner workings of Fort Worth ISD but I guess I need to suck it up and accept it. Today the kids are out of school for "Rodeo Day." No lie. Not only do they get the day off, they even get free tickets to the Stock Show. (If you're a city girl like me, that means we have free tickets to tromp around in ginormous , poopy-smelling barns. I typically also have the pleasure of taking home some of that aromatic fertilizer as a souvenir after I notice it sticking to the bottom of my shoes and pant legs. What a treat!). What i find particularly crazy is that the kids don't have off on Presidents Day. Priorities, right?

Anyway, today I am taking my misbehaving, needy, demanding, spoiled children to the actual rodeo show where they rope calves, ride broncos, and have crazy-ass rodeo clowns. I really want to take them but it is going to be packed with all the other students in the district. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jess said...

My kids get a day off for Oaks, the day before Derby. They don't get free tickets though!

in my head said...

I hear ya how absurd that is this whole world is a little on the CRAZY side.

Charles said...

I bet if all the presidents were going to spend a day in a barn in Fort Worth on Presidents Day, the kids would get a day off for it.