Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shopping at the Galleria!

Okay, friends, here's the deal. Chuck pushed me out the door last week and insisted that I get away from it all. He's such a dear heart. Love that man. So, I called my sister Mary, booked a room at a hotel by the Houston Galleria, and set off on my four hour drive Friday afternoon. To make things even better, I listened to a Emily Giffin novel on my drive. Wonderful, wonderful!

We had dinner at a wine bar called Cru --- a 7-course dinner! Yum!

I shopped Saturday and got a mani/pedi by a woman who reminded me of Toula's mother from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

We ate, and shopped, and then collapsed at the hotel bar for a couple hours before heading out to dinner and then hitting two different places for after dinner drinks. So fabulous!

Thanks to Chucky Love for arranging such a lovely weekend. It was splendid. And thanks to my sister Mary for agreeing, without hesitation, to keep me company.

Of course, I was thrilled to get home to my dear sweet family, but the time away was refreshing.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

so awesome! i want a weekend like that! :)

in my head said...

It's always to get away!

Angie said...

Oh my word, that sounds just fabulous. Good for you!