Thursday, October 18, 2012

Report Cards and a Question

Truly proud to announce that Evie made straight As on her report card and Luke made the Silver Honor Roll (all As and Bs).  We were so thrilled that we promised them a treat last night.  Unfortunately, I found out this morning that neither one finished their homework from last night.  WTF?  I didn't use those words in front of them, but I gave them a stern talking-to this morning on the way to school.  I was actually hesitant to come down too hard on them because when Luke realized he had forgotten to finish his homework he put his head in his hand and said, "I could kill myself."

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, those were his words.  I don't use those words.  Chuck doesn't use those words.  Not even in jest.  And, although I'm certain he didn't mean what he said, it was quite disturbing to hear those words come out of my son's mouth.

Suggestions?  Thoughts?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Where did he hear those words. I have never seen him that upset. It makes me think you should ignore it at this point. You don't want to make too much of it unless you see him actually acting negative.