Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sing, sing a song.

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but George is a singer.  He sings all the time.  All. The. Time.  And, for the most part, it is pretty adorable.  He even taught me a cute new song yesterday and here are the words I remember.  I have to record him singing this because it is just so darn adorable. 

One, two, three, four, five.
Once I caught a fish alive.
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
Then I let him go again.
Why did you let him go?
Because he bit my finger so.
Which finger did he bite?
This little finger on my right.

Without the hand movements, expression, and the little man who sings it, I cannot adequately express how cute this is.  Serious cuteness.


George is pictured here with the cutest puppy that ever lived - her name is Jo and she's my sister's dog.

But, don't let him fool you.  He really likes lots of types of music, including what he calls "crazy music."  This was discovered one day when I was seeking through the radio stations for a sports update and we accidentally landed on Tejano music.  He loved it!  So now you know that if he asks for "crazy music" he wants you to find a Tejano music station.  I roll my eyes, but it's still cute.

Today, on our way to school, the Queen song, "We Will Rock You."  Oh my goodness, he fell in love on the spot and started singing, "We will, we will, rock you!"  But, if you're familiar with the song, you know that it shifts in the middle from hard rock to more of an easy listening mix.  (Listen below to see what I mean).  He was a little ticked at me because he thought I had changed the radio station and insisted that I put the "rock you" song back on the radio.  Trust me, it took quite a lot of discussion to convince him that this was still the same song, and I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me in the end, but at least he stopped arguing with me.  It's the little victories that count sometimes.

So, out of pure joy that he was enjoying music, I found the following YouTube video for him to listen to all the way into school.




 This is what the song transitioned into on the radio.



Next time you see him, please feel free to sing the song with him.  He loves it! Some of his other favorites are:

Rumor Has it by Adele




Bad Romance by Lady Gaga


Just so you know, I'm already aware that my title as Mother of the Year is out the window, so I'm okay with the bad lyrics.

No comments: