Friday, November 16, 2012

Prayers

How did this happen?!  It's Friday already!  I have no excuse for my absence, except that I'm sooooo ready for Thanksgiving, so maybe I've been a little preoccupied.  So, here's just a tidbit of my life . . .

A couple night ago, Chuck was putting the kids to bed and helping them say their prayers.  Then he asked if anyone had any special prayers they wanted to mention.  Typically, this is where they pray for "speed" or to have Santa bring them certain things, so it's always interesting and you never know what to expect.  Well on this particular evening, Luke prayed, "Please help all the people pay their taxes and their health insurance."

I cannot lie.  Chuck and I almost cried trying to hold in our laughter. 

I finally asked him what made him pray for taxes and insurance and he said he had learned about it in social studies.  Oh my.

No comments: