Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wild & Loud

We had a long, busy weekend with multiple sleepovers, a birthday party, a soccer game, a basketball game, Sunday school and church, and various errands that had to be completed.  It was really quite lovely, but would have been much lovelier had Chuck been around to field some of the constant calls of, "Mom!" or "Hey, mom?" or "Where are you mom?"  Even though I absolutely adore my children, I found myself ready to sneak off to athe restroom just for a brief moment of peace and quiet.  It is now very obviousl why men spend so much time in the restroom.  Unfortunately, the idea of sitting bare-bottomed on the toilet for more than 5 minutes gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Don't their bottoms get cold?  Instead, I think I'd take the time to enjoy a bubble bath. Does anyone have a better way of grabbing a moment of quiet when the entire non-adult population of your house is running wild and loud?

1 comment:

FWAtty said...

I've hid in my closet and laid on the floor. Once I even prepped an expert witness from my closet--because it was the only place I could get away!!