Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's all true.

I'm pretty amazed sometimes to see our home life reflected at school.

Luke brought home this short essay about his spring break which I described in this post.



In case you can't read it, I will type it out too:
On the fourth day of Spring Brek I was so exited.  Once we got in the car I had a lot of fun until I got board because it took four hours to get there.  When we got to the house we rented a dog named Peaty came to our house every day.  I also went to four winerys.  I had a fun time at Fredricsburg.
Obviously there are some misspellings and missing commas -- obviously we didn't rent a dog named Petey - we rented the house and Petey came to visit.  In spite of these small mistakes, I have to tell you that Luke's handwriting is 100% better than it was before he started his ADD medication.  Other than that, I'm only slightly embarassed about the wineries he mentioned.  But really, what kind of crazy teacher would think a family would go all the way to Fredericksburg and not go to a bunch of wineries?

Evie also brought home something interesting from school reflecting our ambulance experience which I wrote about here.

I guess Evie was supposed to answer "What kinds of transportation help us in an emergency?"  Evie drew an ambulance.  She was 100% on target even if her handwriting is really sketchy.



And below the picture, she wrote (and I'm translating): "The ambulance came to get me."  I think she actually wrote it as follows: "the amblis cem to git me." (in her defense, all her high-frequency words were spelled correctly: the, to, me).

Again, I was only slightly embarassed since I had fully disclosed the incident to her teacher.  Evie and Luke both have teachers who have been teaching for 30 years so I'm sure I hope these aren't the worst things they've heard about from a family. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's right.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ha, those arent bad at all!

kids are funny....im impressed luke even knew it was called a winery! :)