Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lindsey is Adjusting

Lindsey has been in the United States almost one whole month! Time really does fly! We LOVE having her here. She's fantastic in every way - and she's really good at the game Taboo.

One of my biggest concerns about Lindsey moving to Texas was how she would handle the heat. Apparently, that isn't as big of an issue as I originally thought. She wears a sweatshirt and jeans almost every day. She's almost always cold! She thinks it is because she isn't used to having an air conditioner in the house, and our a/c is always on. So, no worries there.

She took the kids swimming yesterday and they loved it. She is now George's main squeeze. He smiles whenever he sees her - it's precious. She and the dog cuddle up on the couch every night - and she knows I'm totally jealous. Next week we start to get into full swing when Luke starts Kindergarten. I'm sure we're in for some sort of crazy catastrophe next week - but it wouldn't be my life if it wasn't crazy all the time.

Also of interest is that Lindsey heard the song "Lyin' Eyes" by the Eagles FOUR times in her first week in the States. How weird is that? Last I checked, that song wasn't in the top forty. Weird.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yay - I am so glad Lindsey is fitting in so well. Tell her I said Hi!