More recently, Chuck and I have become only somewhat disturbed to overhear that that Evie and Luke are playing games in which someone is always dead. For example, they were playing house with one of their friends at Christmas and they assigned the roles as follows: "Luke is the brother, Evie is the mom, Savannah is the dog (yes, the dog again), and the dad is dead." I raised my eyebrows but let it go. But similar role playing continued and we noticed that someone was always dead. I know you all are very disturbed and worried about where my innocent children are coming up with this death stuff, but really it doesn't seem that out of line. Just think about 90% of the Disney movies out there -- Someone always dies.
- Cinderella: Cinderella's dad dies
- Finding Nemo: Nemo's mom eaten
- Snow White: Snow White's dad dies and Snow White practically dies too
- Lion King: Simba's dad killed by his brother
- Bambi: Bambi's mom shot
- Fox and the Hound: Fox's mom shot
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's mom dies (see Ariel's Beginning)