Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Morning Prayer

Luke woke up this morning and before he even climbed out of his bed he declared, "I'm having a bad day."

I rubbed his back with sympathy (but little patience because we were already running late, as usual). I definitely have had those days too. It reminds me of this prayer:

Dear Lord,
So far today I've done all right.
I haven't gossiped, cursed, or lost my temper.
I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or over indulgent.
I am really glad about these things.
But, in a few minutes Lord,
I am going to get out of bed,
and from then on,
I'm probably going to need a lot more help.
Thank You,
In Jesus' Name
AMEN


I hope the rest of his day was better than the beginning.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE that prayer. I find that I need to say it more often than I do.