Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bizarre: Updated

And now something truly bizarre. I don't know how people think of this stuff.

241543903

Click on the number above to see. I don't think I could adequately describe the weirdness of this, but I promise it won't hack your computer or anything like that.


UPDATE:
Apparently, this is a website where people post pictures of themselves with their head in a freezer. Super weird.

Here's the information that explains (somewhat) 241543903:

ABOUT 241543903

Nobody knows when and where 241543903 started.

From a quick Google search, the when can be determined to be within the past few weeks. The oldest 241543903 on record with Flickr is 241543903 by san pedro glue stick . There’s a twist to the meme, sakebalboa’s 241543903 also shows someone with his head into the freezer (incidentally the same freezer, fridge, room as san pedro glue stick), alas the title of the entry is it’s cold, head in the fridge, and it is only tagged 241543903.

The blog entries with instructions do not appear on the blogosphere till much later, on April 10, 2009 and April 13, 2009: both stating the same text:

TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH OF YOUR HEAD

INSIDE A FREEZER. UPLOAD THIS PHOTO

TO THE INTERNET (LIKE FLICKR). TAG THE

FILE WITH: 241543903. THE IDEA IS THAT IF

YOU SEARCH FOR THIS CRYPTIC TAG, ALL

THE PHOTOS OF HEADS IN FREEZERS

WILL APPEAR. I JUST DID ONE.

Pretty clear, pretty easy, pretty flexible.

Where’s your 241543903? Life is not a spectator’s sport, participate, have some fun.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I clicked...but I don't get it?? Explain please!

Angie said...

I'm glad you added a bit more information because, honestly, I thought maybe your blog was hacked or something. Either way, I was super confused.

However, I now see that this is, yet again, you being hip and happenin' and keeping the rest of us up to speed on what the world is doing.