Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Miracle

Last night I went to bed and I thought my head was going to explode. It hurt so bad. I could barely even think. I thought sleep would help, but when I laid down it was worse. I swear the pain reminded me of the movie Mission Impossible III when they shoot the explosive up the girl's nose into her head at the beginning and then detonate it. I finally took a Sudafed (which I'd been avoiding because I thought it would keep me awake) and some Advil at 2:30. Then I begged Chuck to take care of George because my head felt like a brick being struck by a hammer repeatedly. Surprisingly, I fell asleep within a half an hour and when I woke up at 5:30 - to get George - I felt so good, it was like I had taken some miracle drug. At 2:30, I thought I was going to die, and then at 5:30 I was about 90% back to being well. It was weird, but I am so grateful. I had no idea how I was going to function at work in that kind of pain. So here I am. I going to the store to get more Sudafed (aka the miracle drug).

2 comments:

Joan said...

I know how great Sudafed is, the real pseudophedrine - not the fake phenylephrine. You've got to sign and hand over your driver's license to buy it but it really works. We buy for a household of four one big 48 tab pack about every 3 months. It just relieves the pressure and congestion so well. Yeah!! for Sudafed!

Sharon said...

I take 2 aleve every night for arthritus and I take advil cold and sinus for congestion. Love both.