Monday, March 15, 2010

Irish Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated Chuck's birthday which is a day after Saint Patrick's Day. It was a smallish affair with only a few friends over to the house to celebrate. I slaved in the kitchen making "authentic" Irish dishes such as Irish Lamb Stew, Potato Soup, and Kerry Apple Cake. I was pretty impressed with myself. Lindsey made Irish Soda Bread, sausage rolls (different from our sausage rolls, and a chocolate cake). She also prepared our Irish playlist for the party. She rocks!

Kerry Apple Cake


Stew


Potato Soup


Party Favors


Green Jellybeans



A classic Irish Drink (Chuck's choice)


Plenty of Guinness



The Chocolate Cake a la Lindsey



Hardworking Lindsey


The Birthday Boy with his magnum of Champagne


We all had a great time, but I was exhausted at the end of the day. Damn time change always screws things up.

5 comments:

The Potters said...

Happy birthday, Chuck!

Mom said...

Looks like fun. I wish I had been there.

Jess said...

I like the capri sun mixed in with the beer :)

Theresa said...

Jess, That's how we roll!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Again Theresa! We had a blast.- Jack