Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Grinch Who Stole Halloween - Bastard!

Son of a bitch! The Grinch Who Stole Halloween struck again! Remember when I posted THIS? And then the next year I posted THIS? I know I'm a bit late with my rant this year, but I've had a lot going on. Nonetheless, it deserves to be noted that my pumpkins were smashed and stolen this year . . . again. WTF?!

On Friday night, I had three pumpkins sitting outside my front door. Two were carved, one was not. And let me tell you that hollowing out a pumpkin and carving it is a two-hour process or more if you factor in the fact that I have three little kids participating in the process and giving "helpful" suggestions while I do it. I happened to have another pumpkin sitting inside my house that I carved Friday night - yes, a THIRD pumpkin. This is all that was left on my front porch Saturday morning.



And I found my two carved pumpkins smashed on the street outside our house.




The whole pumpkin had been stolen. (Perhaps I should be grateful because it prevented me from having to carve a FOURTH pumpkin.)

The kids were confused. I was less pissed than I thought I would be. I guess I'm no longer surprised when the pumpkins are stolen, since this is the third time it has happened in four years. I shrugged it off, took pictures, and proceeded to take the kids to their soccer games. Looks like I'll be writing "Thou Shalt Not Steal" on the back of my pumpkins every year since no one stole the pumpkins last year. Bastard thieves.

No comments: