Friday, July 25, 2008

Honolulu

Okay, Chuck gently chastised me last night for referring to the Town & Country as my "mini" on the blog because he thinks it will be confused with the Mini Cooper. I thoroughly rolled my eyes and uttered, "Okay, okay, whatever." So, I have decided to christen my new minivan with a name. We've named all the cars, so here's the new name for mine.

It turns out that this minivan (obviously, used since we got it at the auto auction) was previously used in Hawaii as a rental car. It only has about 12,000 miles on it since it was just a rental in Hawaii. Since I haven't figured out how to change the time on the clock it still reads Hawaii time. Also, the title is from Hawaii and the last inspection was done in Hawaii. Hence, I've decided to name the car after its Hawaii roots and so it's new name is "Honolulu" - "Lulu" for short. So, now when I say, "we were cruising around in Lulu" or "we've decided to take Lulu to Houston this weekend" you will know that I'm referring to our new minivan, which is still fabulous, by the way.

By the way, Mom is visiting from Houston this weekend, and I've left Lulu in her care should she decide to take the kids out of the confines of our home. What a treat for her!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Dude, yall should so move to Houston...we have fun here and you have a built in babysitter too which grandma being retired now and all! ;-)

Theresa said...

I would if I could. Although, I have to admit that I really enjoy the winter weather here better.