Monday, July 28, 2008

Vacation Anyone?

OMG! I need a vacation! With everything that is going on with the house, we just can't get away, but I really need to. I just want to take off without the kids for a couple days and go somewhere cool - maybe the mountains. I definitely don't want to go anywhere hot or anywhere that requires a swimsuit - ick! I spent part of my morning touring possible vacation locations such as North Carolina, Wisconsin (Door County - where we honeymooned), and Arkansas. I just want to escape to a B&B that has lots of trees and maybe a golf course close by, although I'm not sure how long I'll be able to golf with the belly I'm getting.
The baby is getting really big these days. I guess s/he is about the size of an avocado now and I'm already starting to feel the faintest flutterings. I just love feeling the baby - it is such a miracle!
Back to my vacation - I must have one, and I'm totally serious. For this reason, I'm taking donations to the Theresa Vacation Fund. If anyone wants to help save my sanity, please feel free to make donations via PayPal! I wonder if I could set it up so you even get a tax deduction for your generous donation. Wouldn't that be nice? We could all benefit. For once, I've actually got a babysitter (thanks mom) who is willing to take care of the kids at almost anytime. Retirement is great! Unfortunately, I don't have a place to go, a reason to go, or a bank account full of cash to spend on a vacation. Oh well.

In my search, I found this breathtaking estate. It is called the Biltmore and was built by the Vanderbilt family. They have horseback riding, tours of the estate, a winery (sucks for me), dining, carriage rides, river tours, garden tours, a spa, and more. I'm totally psyched about finding a way to get there, but it may be a while. Check out how beautiful it is!


Above is a picture of the estate. Below is a picture of the Italian Gardens.


This is a picture of the Spring Gardens:



And this is a picture of hell: aka Texas in the Summer:

3 comments:

ginster said...

can we go with you? i have to start a vacation fund too because the the state doesn't pay me enough to take vacation and make my 5 weekly job contacts.

Lisa said...

Oh Theresa, I SO feel ya on the vacation thing! Everyone else I know has taken a lovely vacation this year and with the arrival of Z Man, we have not :( I thought we may be able to get away to Galveston next weekend but now just found out we may have to work the next 2-3 weekends. UGH! So now we are aiming for Labor Day weekend. At this point, I will settle for a night at the La Quinta where I can sleep in and maybe get Denny's for breakfast! You think that's atleast possible? ;-)

Need to see a pic of you and your baby belly! :)

Kelly said...

you definitely need to go to the Biltmore... BUT I suggest you go in Oct when the trees are changing colors and the weather is a little cooler. It is a beautiful place :)
I will go with you anytime!!