Tuesday, August 5, 2008

1 out of 24

I've seen the kids for approximately one hour in the last 24, and that was while we were rushing around getting clothes on, lunches packed, and generally preparing for the day. I got home at 9:00 last night and tucked the little tykes into bed, even though they were not acting tired in the least. Chuck had already put them to bed, but they were still wide awake when I got home. Evie had to tell me how daddy was not feeling good and Luke got two glasses of water before bed. Then Evie decided she needed to go potty - no luck. Then I had to get the pets out of the room, give hugs and kisses, and turn on a music box. They're demanding sometimes but I'm more tolerant when I've missed their whole day. Then I tucked them in and told them I had to go to bed too.

I grabbed a bowl of Lucky Charms, crawled into bed, read one chapter in a cheap romance novel to get my head cleared, and then fell asleep at 10:00 p.m. I didn't get up until 7:00 a.m. I was whipped! Now I'm back at work and looking forward to another long evening of depo prep. Oh, the joys of being a litigation attorney.

I know all working moms have their late-night commitments or the equivalent. I really miss my babies today and wish I could go get them early today. However, our fun will have to wait until depos are over and my deadlines are met.

Luckily, Edouard will be dropping some rain on us tomorrow. I'm certain the relief from the freakin' sunshine and heat will brighten my mood considerably.

No comments: