Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Comments vs. Reactions

Okay, guys, I need your input. I added that section at the end of each blog post that has reactions that you can check. I think the three options are (1) funny, (2) interesting and (3) cool. Just so you know, I did not hand pick the options that are there, but just posted them on the blog to give it a whirl. So, what do you think? I'm trying to figure out if it is just one of those things that when you see a button you have to push a button. Mostly, I've come to this hypothesis because two people checked "funny" for my last blog post that was really not funny, interesting or cool. So, tell me, are you pushing the buttons just for the sake of utilizing the buttons?

Secondly, do the buttons prevent you from commenting? Because I seriously LOVE comments. I know every blogger does, but as a mom of two (who talk) and one who doesn't talk, and a back-office lawyer, I am glad to know that someone is actually listening to me. It's nice to hear if you think I'm being stupid or justified or amusing. I really, REALLY like comments. So, if you comment, I hereby promise to respond to the best of my ability. Plus, if you ask me questions, I will absolutely answer. I don't care how outrageous the question is, because, well, I'm basically and open book as it is. Seriously, look at this face. I don't hide anything.


(Evie took this picture, then she followed it up with a picture of her foot.)


(I don't know why. I guess that's the mind of an artist.)

Anyway, let me know what you think. As always, I'm glad to know that there are people out there who read this so that I don't constantly feel like I'm talking to myself in my own little delusional world. I also adore my kids and my family and it is more fun to share something you love with others. Thanks for reading and commenting. (Although I'd probably keep talking to myself even if no one was reading.) It's always a pleasure!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The buttons are an interesting concept, but the choices aren't usually relevant to the topic. Wish you could change the categories.

Love your blog...but haven't heard much about P90X or WW lately... are you still on board? I am now 7 weeks into P90X and truly compliment you if you are still doing it with 3 children. It is quite a commitment. I have seen results, but I understand why people quit. I am starting to burn out myself.

Theresa said...

Annonymous! Thanks for reading.

Oh yeah, love me some P90X and really wish I could do it everyday. As I was going in the beginning, I could only do it every other day, and I felt pretty good about that. Now we're in in trial mode at work, and the diet and P90X have flown out the window. I do still try to watch what I eat and this is the first week I haven't even tried to track. I think I can at least track my food though, so I'll start doing that right now. You're my inspiration! As for P90X - I'll get back on that wagon tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me honest! You're exactly what I need in my life!

Theresa said...

Oh, and good for you on P90X You're amazing!

Amy said...

If you read this one fast enough, it sounds like you're hyper. I LIKE IT!!!

Joan said...

I like the buttons - it lets me give you feedback without signing in and all. But you're right comments are great. Even if it is critical or demeaning it is better than nothing. Ask us questions - we are more likely to respond. Like - who likes footbal?? Really?? It is hockey for me and mine - How about you?

Theresa said...

Amy - Not hyper. Actually I posted this because I was falling asleep while reading a court opinion. Very boring sometimes.

Joan - As for football. I love it if I care at all about the team. Chuck loves it too. No hockey for me, but I hear it is great live. Thanks for the feedback on the buttons.

Mary said...

I kinda like the buttons. Did you know you can click all three at once? I just clicked funny in the last not so funny post because I thought THAT would be funny since you mentioned it. Can you tell I am just running on caffeine right now?
BTW - I just watched rugby for the first time this Sunday and it ROCKS!

Mary said...

I just read my post and I think it sounds like Amy's blogs.

Mary said...

Just one more thing - would you comment on Alexa's blog from time to time too? Here is the link: http://doginpink.blogspot.com/

She is trying to update it more often and I think some comments might help her stay motivated.

Mom said...

I checked the funny box last blog because of the dogs. I prefer responding to the blog and don't really care for the boxes.

Theresa said...

Good to know! Mom, just keep commenting. Mary, awesome rugby! We watched Ireland play the other day but I only saw 5 minutes - that shit is brutal. As for Alexa's blog - I'll be certain to hop over from time to time.

Thanks guys!

Clarissa said...

I love your blog. I like how you update it frequently and how you are not afraid to say what you think, and I feel like I "know" you even though I never see you in person :) I don't care about the buttons either way. I like football OK as the next person, but right now I really like ice skating. I am going to have to fight the rest of the family tonight to watch it.

Theresa said...

Thanks Clarissa! I love hearing from you. We're watching ice skating too! I have to admit that we are laughing a lot too. Lindsey and I are cracking up watching the skaters warming up in the back.

Anonymous said...

Hi - You can change the reaction values to anything you want. You can change them to fit the writing theme of your blog. You can also change the tag "Reactions" to anything you want.

They work well for the type of blog that I use, but I can see where they don't fit all blogs.

Theresa said...

Thanks Richard. I thought that I could change them, but I just wanted to give it a whirl before I really attempted to come up with something good.

The Potters said...

I don't like my button choices. They're not diverse enough. Otherwise, I'd probably comment AND click...But I sure love your blog!

And hooray for anonymous going on week 7. I'm now inspired, so maybe I'll actually push "play" on my P90X.