Monday, August 2, 2010

Settling In.

Rosie and I went to Houston to pick up the kids from my mom's house this weekend. The kids spent all last week with my mom and I missed them like crazy! I was so happy to see them this weekend and I couldn't get enough hugs and kisses. Rosie got to meet them too and they're already cracking her up.

Last night we got home and decided to have a pajama party while we watched Scooby Doo and ate sandwiches. What a pleasant evening. Just when the movie ended, however, the power went out. I think it was a Brown Out (which I had to attempt to explain to Luke), but not sure. After about 20 minutes I decided to start lighting candles before it got too dark. Ten minutes later, the lights came back on and the air conditioning kicked in. Thank Heaven!

As you can see, the older kids have made themselves at home with Rosie. George is taking a little longer to warm up, but that's typical of his age.


Luke and George were entranced by Scooby.


And then I had to entertain George once he lost interest in Scooby.


Rosie also became a cross between Santa Claus and Mary Poppins this weekend. She brought gifts for the kids and I swear she just kept pulling more and more gifts out of a bottomless bag. The kids were thrilled. Check out all the loot!


We're settling in, but I think it will all finally come together when the kids get back into school in a few weeks. Until then, we'll just keep on keeping on.

No comments: