Monday, January 19, 2009

A little tidbit . . .

I was sitting on the couch in our living room looking down at my precious baby as the other kids played around me. I heard Luke say (as he does often), "Mommy, I want to tell you something." I answered (as usual), "Yes, Luke?" Still looking down at as I was working to get George's pacifier in his mouth, I heard Luke say, "Mom, this is my ball and this is my ball sac."

As you might imagine, my head snapped up in surprise. To my great relief, Luke repeated himself, "This is my ball" as he held up a little basketball, "and this is my ball sac" as he pointed to the red chair in our living room. I sighed and said, "Oh, really? That's great."

6 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for the giggle and helping me stay connected here in London!

Joan said...

SO glad you don't have to deal with the gross-out boy stuff yet. I thought my husband was too mature for that stuff, but add a adolescent boy and the age factor becomes irrelevant. Vernon and Colt can be so rude and crude. You've got about 6-8 years to prepare.

Jess said...

This made me laugh outloud and then I had to lie to Nicholas about why I was laughing.

Anonymous said...

VERY FUNNY!
Any chance he knew what he was saying?

Lisa said...

HAHAHAHAHA! You had me there for a second, too funny!

Theresa said...

Jack - There's no way he knew what he was saying.