Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ahh, the joy of life!

Well, thank you to all the comments about reading the blog. Good to know I'm not talking to myself and haven't scared anyone away with the boring trial talk. Jury is still out, by the way. I've been just rolling out of bed late, pulling on some jeans and a sweatshirt and dropping Luke off at school the past two mornings. Then I stroll back home and have a cup of coffee and play with the other two a bit before beginning the day.

Today, I actually spent all morning with the family. I took Luke to school, took Evie and George to school an hour later, then had another cup of coffee. Around 10, I went to Chickfila and picked up a kids meal for Luke and a chicken wrap for myself and went to Luke's school to join him for lunch. He was somewhat excited, but I have to admit that he was less excited than I thought he would be. And he didn't even eat the lunch I brought him, but rather opted for the pb&j that he eats every freakin' day. Whatever. Lunch, by the way, is at 10:25 a.m. so it was really more like brunch and my stomach protested at the food. After that, I headed back to the house to FINALLY take a shower and now I'm back at work. Yick.

Again, another boring post, but I'm just so thrilled to see my family again. The worst part of all this is how I can't convince Evie that I'm not going anywhere when I get home. Yesterday, I got home at 5 p.m. and started making dinner. She kept asking me questions like, "What are you doing here?" and "Are you going to go to the store now?" and "When are you leaving?" It was really quite sad and I had to keep assuring her that I wasn't going anywhere and that I was home to stay. Poor baby girl.

Update on George - he's like one of those diaper commercials where you see the baby crawling everywhere. He's adorable, but into everything and anxious to get to the stairs. I'm hoping to head back home again today very early. It's going to be a great month!

No comments: