Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It gets me through

Almost a whole year ago this cartoon was featured in our local newspaper and I LOVED it. I've been carrying it around in my briefcase since then and turn to it when I need comfort - you know, on those days where I find boogers smeared on my shoulder, or a pair of panties sticking out of the leg of my pants because of the static cling from the dryer, or when I know my hair is dirty, ugly, and poorly styled because I decided that I was better off with 15 more minutes of sleep instead of spending 15 extra minutes washing and drying my hair that morning. Please tell me you have those days too. Well even if you don't, those are the days I look at this cartoon and realize I am far from alone in this wonderful, painful, fantastic plight called motherhood. Enjoy, fellow mothers - we're not alone.



Sorry this is so small, but you can click to enlarge, or just see the original at the following website: pajamadiaries.com

Unfortunately, I'm still in the "Back to Work Barbie" phase, but I swear I'm going to be "Soccer Mom Barbie" someday!

2 comments:

The Potters said...

I can't WAIT until I'm in the "Soccer Mom Barbie" phase! But that guilt cloud may never go away...

Lisa said...

ha, that is pretty funny. guess im about to be post-partum barbie, LOL!