Sunday, October 4, 2009

Birthday Rain

We finally celebrated Evie's 4th birthday this weekend, and thanks to all of you who were able to attend. We planned two hours of jump-house fun at our house. We rented a great big princess house, and some kiddie tables and chairs for outside. I bought some pink and white flowers and placed them in vases in the center of the little pink table cloths. We had princess costumes for all the little girls to wear, including Evie, and the boys each got a sword (we were really just asking for trouble but nothing got broken). Evie was definitely the girl of the hour and she was precious!

The weather was beautiful all morning at Luke's soccer game, and it was so sunny when I went to pick up the cake and a few last minute party items, but precisely at 3:00 p.m. (the starting time for the party), it began to rain, and it rained, and rained, and then stopped, and then rained, and rained until it stopped sometime today. During the brief pause in the rain, the kids got to jump in the jump house and had a fantastic time, but I'm not sure they got my three hundred dollars worth of the bounce house. Unfortunately, before it stopped raining so that the kids could jump, it became clear that Chuck and I HAD to come up with some sort of entertainment for the thirteen children in our house, and we realized quickly that the beer and wine we provided to the adults was not going to be proper entertainment for the little children - Yes, we do have some standards. So, even though we had not one single indoor activity planned, we pulled out the Disney Trivial Pursuit and dumbed down the questions so that even our youngest little guest could win some Halloween candy corn that I happened to have on hand - thank Heaven for the holidays!
Evie received lots of fun gifts, but her absolute favorite was a Tinkerbell bust with long hair that you style. She insisted that we open up that gift first and then she played with it all last night and today. So, double thanks to Stacey and Eli for the winning gift!
My favorite part of all this was the reminder I received as I stared at my beautiful daughter and realized that I have been blessed beyond measure to have such wonderful children, family, and friends. You each are a blessing in our lives and I thank Him for making you a part of it. Oh, and I thank you for putting up with us!
Lots of love to you all! - T

No comments: