Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Miscellaneous

Anyone a fan of opera? No? I wasn't either, but last night we went to an opera event at the home of a very rich woman and listened to an amazing opera singer perform several numbers as I sat just 20 feet away from her. It was INCREDIBLE! If you ever have a chance to go to an opera, give it a chance. The talent of the performers will blow you away.

Here is this morning's picture of my little cabbage patch baby. And click HERE for a link to my cabbage patch comparison. He is absolutely adorable!!!! ( . . . if I do say so myself).


And now, Luke's latest. On the way to school this morning Luke told me about a show on TV about fifth graders. I thought a little bit and asked, "Oh, you mean, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" He answered, "I am not." I laughed a little. Then he asked, "When do I get to be on that show?" I'm still not sure how to answer that, but at the time I just said, "You probably won't be." Luke, "Why not?" Me, "Among other reasons, it is probably taped in California." Luke, "Why?" Me, "Because most of those shows are taped in California." Luke, "Why?" Me, "I don't know."

I hate the question, "Why?" It reminds me of how much I really don't know.

No comments: