Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday weather.

I swear the holiday season has been fabulous so far! It snowed this morning! I tried to take a picture with my phone - yes, my damn phone again, but it was the handiest thing around. It was so picture perfect looking out my front window with the snow falling behind my Christmas tree. It would have been better if I hadn't been in a robe, with a towel around my wet hair, holding a squirmy baby and shouting at Luke that he couldn't go outside until he put his shoes on, but whatever. Here's the picture I took, but sadly you can't really see the snowflakes that were falling outside. Damn.


It started when I was getting ready this morning and I looked out my window and noticed the that the rain was mixed with snow flakes. I literally ran into the kids' room and woke them up saying, "Guys! It's snowing outside! It's snowing outside! Do you want to see?" They hopped out of bed (and they never hop out of bed) and ran to the windows while they rubbed their eyes trying to adjust to the light. I told them they had to hurry because you really never know how long the snow will fall in Texas; it could just be for a few seconds. Evie was disappointed and said she was going back to bed. Luke insisted on putting on his coat and hat and going outside for approximately 30 seconds so that he could see the snow.

Damn! I love the holidays!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Yay snow! I am hoping for some this week as well!

Jess said...

I can't believe it is/was snowing there and it is 55 degrees here!

The Potters said...

LOVE the snow, and I can definitely see it in your picture! Pretty tree too!!! Did you take that pic with your new camera or your iphone? ;)

The Potters said...

Oh, woops! Just got a closer look of your picture and it wasn't the snow I saw...it was the lights' reflection!! Ha ha. But I saw and enjoyed our snow this morning too.

Lisa said...

SUPPOSEDLY it may snow in H-town on Friday! We shall see! And I love the pic, so festive, makes me want some wassail!