Friday, December 5, 2008

New Christmas Songs

If you don't know what a freak I am about Christmas, then let me explain that I start listening to Christmas music in August and when Christmas rolls around, it looks like someone threw up Christmas all over the inside of my house. I absolutely LOVE it - every bit of it!

Well, this year, I've heard two new Christmas songs (new to me, at least) and I'm sharing them with you now.

For those of you who need a holiday pick me up and enjoy remembering the reason for the season, here's a great song called "You're Here" by Francesca Battistelli that my friend Roxy told me about. Enjoy:

http://www.ccmmagazine.com/news/podcasts/11596027/

Also, I heard a song by Sixpence None the Richer the other day and it brought tears to my prego eyes. If you're expecting, I highly recommend it. It is called the Last Christmas. It starts, "I feel your heart beating inside my own skin; And I think of Mary in Bethlehem. . ." It is a sweet song sung by a mother to her unborn child about about how this will be the last Christmas the mother has without the sweet baby. With any luck, this will be our first Christmas with our new baby, but it touches my heart anyway.

http://www.imeem.com/sixpencenonethericher/music/okmctutK/sixpence_none_the_richer_the_last_christmas/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you like my new fav Christmas song! I just made mike listen to it twice while we make a christmas gumbo!