Friday, December 12, 2008

Santa and a Staph Infection

No, the two don't actually have anything to do with each other except that I'm putting the two topics in one post.
First: Staph Infection
Poor Luke has a staph infection on his little nose. He has little sores on the outside and inside that are making this infections super painful which is what led me to rush a doctor's appointment. How awful is that?! I feel terrible, but I don't know if I could have prevented it. We've been trying to keep his nose clean and crust-free, but I guess the sinus infection got the best of him. Doctor put him on another round of antibiotics and gave us a prescription for a topical cream. I just read up on staph infections (this is a new affliction in our house) and it turns out that they are very contagious and infants are among the most at risk for contracting staph infections. Great, right?


This is what my poor baby looked like this morning. I hope it doesn't get any worse. I feel so terrible about this and feel like a better mother could have somehow prevented this!
Second: Pancakes with Santa
On a happier note, here are some pics from Pancakes with Santa at the Club last weekend. Evie was sick so only Luke got to go. He and Chuck had a great time. Luke wasn't all that crazy about Santa. In fact the first picture showed Luke sitting on Santa's lap leaning away from Santa and looking at Santa as if Santa had just farted. I wish I had a copy of it, but I don't. Chuck got him to flash the gig 'em sign and so we got a somewhat better picture.

Here's a picture of them at the breakfast table. I just wish they would cooperate and take a picture without the thumbs up crap. It was really starting to piss me off last weekend, but they thought it was hilarious. I have 15 pictures of Chuck and Luke - all with the damn thumbs up. At least they were happy even though I was annoyed.

Despite that little annoyance, we had a great time and the club looked beautiful. We'll definitely do this again next year.

Luke made a snowman while Chuck waited in the line to see Santa (way better than waiting at the mall).

There were also two toy soldiers walking around the ballroom on stilts. Luke gave one of them a high five while we were eating breakfast.

All in all, it was pretty darn fun. Plus, Luke got to see some of his soccer teammates who were there with their parents. That's my life in a big small town! Better not go out without makeup on!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I like the thumbs-up myself! Very cute. Let'e remember to go together next year. I didn't even think about this year for some reason.

Hope the kids start feeling better soon!