Thursday, May 7, 2009

Helicopter kitty

Today I witnessed Luke grab the cat by the tail and swing her around in the air in the front yard. I, of course, freaked out and screamed, "Stop that!" I ordered him into the house and angrily asked him if he would like me to grab him by his foot and swing him around in the air. I was pissed, to say the least. Since he now laughs at me when I threaten to spank him, I told him he had to pick his punishment from one of the following: (1) spanking; (2) time out; or (3) I take away one of his toys. His first choice was "none." I responded with a laugh and said if he didn't choose one I would do the honors. He chose timeout and I made him sit there for 7 minutes (5 for his age and one more minute for each time he screamed). Little stinker. I told Chuck and he was furious too. I asked Luke why he though he should swing the cat by her tail and his answer was that he wanted to "pet" the cat. We've since had a discussion regarding the methods by which Luke is allowed to "pet" the cat.

Seriously, it looked like he was getting ready to launch her like a discus. Poor helicopter kitty.

5 comments:

Cowtown Camera Girl said...

I am just waiting for the day when our cat snaps. Poor kitty.

Lisa said...

awwww, poor kitty! boys are such stinkers aren't they?

Sharon said...

Reminds me of when my brother was swinging a rosary and said "Hang on Jesus".

Mary said...

Poor kitty - how did he stop without throwing her?

Theresa said...

He threw her. Surprisingly she didn't make any noise.