Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Adult rated post

Too funny not to share since this reminds both Chuck and me of Luke. (Sorry, kid.) This is from the Family Guy, a very strange and often offensive prime time cartoon:

Stewie Griffin: They're getting nude! I mustn't watch, it's not the proper thing to... Wow! I say, nice ones, Janine! And look at Lisa in all of her curvaceous glory! Heavens, it appears that my weewee has been stricken with rigor mortis!

Geez, I had no idea how early a boy's fascination with his penis began. This is still a little shocking to me, but we're starting to get through it and I'm hoping to get numb to it soon. The problem is that he definitely has become more in tune with his own body, particularly in the morning. Ah, boys. It's a whole different world.

On another note, Luke started repeating the following in the car this morning in an announcer voice and with the proper intonation: "Karen, please call the office. Karen, please call the office."

I asked him, "What are you saying?"

He repeated it again, "Karen, please call the office. Karen, please call the office."

Me, "What is that from?"

Luke, "They used to say that at my old school."

Me, "On the speakers?"

Luke pointed up, "Yeah."

Me, "Hmm. Who is Karen?"

Luke, "I don't know. They just used to say it on the speakers. Karen, please call the office. Karen, please call the office."

It is amazing what those kids pick up and remember. I need to find out who Karen is and why she had to call the office so often.

No comments: