Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More on Throw Up

I forgot to mention that my least favorite type of throw up (yes, there are types) is the kind that smells like a particular food. For a while I am completely turned off of whatever food I see in the throw up. This time, Luke's incident has totally banished any cravings I had for hotdogs. Mmmm, yummy.

As for being the one who is doing the ralphing, my least favorite kind of puking is sober puking. If you puke when you're drunk then you're less likely to feel the extreme discomfort that usually accompanies puking. So, food poisoning is probably my worst experience because you're projectile vomiting and you don't have the nice alcohol-induced numbness to make it less painful.

Of course puking at any time is pretty much a horrible experience for me. I can't imagine being one of those unfortunate women who pukes all day every day when she is pregnant. My sister-in-law is one of those people and she had four kids! There's no way I would have had a second if I had to throw up everyday. Hats off to all of you moms out there who are puking your guts up for your kids!

No comments: