Friday, November 14, 2008

On top of 7 Widowed Weekends

Here I am, very pregnant and very uncomfortable, and Chuck is still pushing to go to the Baylor game this weekend (his 8th Aggie football game of the season) and asked if we could go to Bonfire while we're visiting family for Thanksgiving. I just looked at him like he was crazy!

With regard to the Baylor game, I said, "I can barely walk around my office right now, because I'm in a fair amount of pain . . . there's no freakin' way I'm going to go to a football game where I'll have to haul kids around and walk everywhere. Plus, I'm sick. I want to sit at home and rest this weekend." No response, except the ocassional comment of, "Are you sure I can't go to the Baylor game?"

With regard to the Bonfire, I said, "Do you even know when it is?" Him, "No, I'll have to find out." Me, "Well, I can't imagine it would be something we want to take the kids to yet, so we'd have to drive to Houston, drop the kids and then drive back to College Station for the bonfire." Him, - no words, just a blank stare as he tried to figure out what was wrong with this plan. I changed the subject.

Ughhhh!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jason A. Bowman said...

Let him go to the Baylor Game and the Bonfire. Once you have three kids, he might not be able to do that anymore.

Theresa said...

Three kids is certainly not going to stop him from doing anything he really wants to do.

Stacey said...

I am sitting here laughing....that was a pretty funny post.

Joan said...

Maybe if you tell him he has to carry you around so that you can get your rest, no walking at all, it might sway the decision on your favor. "it could be so romantic!"
My husband would forgoe all to keep from having to carry me around!

Theresa said...

Yes, he offers to carry me piggy-back. The logistics of that don't really work. Needless to say, my humor is running out with all his witty suggestions.