Sunday, April 3, 2011

Books

I haven't been able to get into a book for over a month. Not for lack of trying. Reading is my favorite thing. (I even fancy that I would be a romance novelist in another life - or this one if I ever got off my butt and did it.) I've picked up several different books and started them, getting only 10-15 pages before I put them down. I don't know if it is just getting to a different place in my life and lifestyle (you know . . . focused on kids, work, and life in general) or if there is something wrong with what I'm reading or perhaps my hormonal makeup right now (no, I'm not prego). I have no idea what my problem is. However, I powered through a frivolous novel this week (that's all I read for fun since I read so much serious stuff at work) and I finally feel like I'm getting back on track. Any good books to recommend out there? Remember I like romantic, funny, and frivolous. NO drama for me. Hope you all had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Have you read Emily giffins books? Or Kristen Hannah? Not really romantic book but did you The Help?

Angela said...

Check out my reviews on Amazon. I read everything. :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3E02KBFI21TY0?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56

Mom said...

I just finished "Heaven is for Real" and I couldn't put it down. It was co-authored by the same person for "Same kind of different."

Angie said...

I have always loved to read and have bookcases full of amazing books but I too have the same problem...I can't seem to ever finish one. A few weeks ago I got out a book and put it next to the remote so that I would remember to read it.
It's currently being used as a coaster.

FWAtty said...

One 5th Avenue--by Candace Buschnell...picked it up in an airport...funny, can't believe she just wrote that...fast, kind of read. Definitley frivilous!