Sunday, April 3, 2011

Special Hug

Luke: "Mom, how does the baby get in your belly?"

Me: "Daddy and I make a baby by giving each other a special hug."

Luke: "Can I see the special hug?"

Me: "No."

Luke: "Well, when can I see the special hug?"

Me: "Uh. Well. Hmm. You can never see Mommy and Daddy do the 'special hug.'"

Luke: "Why?"

Me: "Because it is private."

Luke: "Private?"

Me: "Uh huh. But maybe I'll get you a book about it. Soon."

Luke: *grunt*

The end of that conversation . . . for now.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Amber and I had a discussion around that age- there are alot of rumors floating around elementary school. I used the book " What to expect when your Mommy is expecting" for the first conversation and we jumped off from there. I used the same thing for Alexa when you were pregnant with George. They both learned the frank facts around age 9. You are lucky though cuz I think you could pass this one off on Chuck.

Angela said...

LOL. Weren't expecting that response were you?

Angie said...

Yikes! Why do kids grow up so fast now days?

Was that you who was going to teach their children about the birds and the bees by taking them to watch dogs mate? It sounds crazy but I believe there's a hint of genius in that plan.

Theresa said...

No, that wasn't me. Doesn't bother me a bit to do it that way, but I hate for their interpretation of how humans do it to be warped.