Monday, March 16, 2009

Rambling Post and Movie Quote 17

I swear, I think the world is moving on without me. Everyone is so busy right now having kids, raising kids, adjusting to the economy, taking trips, getting married, getting divorced. And I feel like I'm still just trying to keep my head above water while I adjust to working and having three kids. It's Chuck's birthday this week. I usually plan a big shindig for him, but I can barely plan anything or even think of what to get him for his birthday. He'll be 35. Perhaps I can jump start his midlife crisis. What a nightmare. . . I'm so not ready for that.

I know I'm rambling and I have nothing interesting to post, but honestly, I'm still freaking out about the speed with which everything around me is changing. I just read Ashley's Closet and realize that nothing is certain. She is facing foreclosure and a huge lifestyle change simply because the economy sucks and the unemployment rate in her area of the country is skyrocketing. Things are good here in Texas still so it freaks me out to know that other people in the country are suffering and it could so quickly become our suffering as well. Things are never secure. If it wasn't this it would be something else. (That's another movie quote for those of you who are ambitiously watching obscure movies.) The point is that I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. If it isn't the economy, will it be a death in the family? an illness for my children? a car accident? Who knows. Sorry for the somber Monday, but it is what is on my mind. For now, work is good, kids are healthy (even if they have perpetually runny noses), family is safe and being fed and clothed, the mortgage is being paid, and the kids are receiving a good education, and my husband loves me. What more can I ask for?

As for the movie quote, here's another quote from that movie.

There's a difference between a failure and a fiasco. A failure is merely the absence of success. Any fool can achieve failure. But a fiasco, a fiasco is a disaster of epic proportions. A fiasco is a folk tale told to others to make other people feel more alive because it didn't happen to them.

No comments: