Sunday, March 22, 2009

There's no crying in soccer . . . anymore.

Luke scored a goal!!!!!! I almost peed my pants when Luke broke away with the ball and headed toward the goal (the correct goal, no less) and kicked it right into the net scoring the second of only two points for his team in the entire game. The opposing team kicked our butts, but it doesn't matter because my little boy SCORED A GOAL! Yes, I was jumping up and down and screaming as if he had just won an Olympic Gold medal. The parents of the other team stood there looking like I had lost my mind, but I didn't care. I was at the game with all three kids by myself, so I tossed George into his car seat so that I could run to the field and give Luke high fives and hugs and kisses and throw him into the air. I was so freakin' pumped! He was pretty excited in the moment, but when I kept telling people about it during the day, he was all casual about it like, "yeah, another day in the life, mom. . . " (no, he didn't actually say that, but that was his tone when he acknowledged the goal." In fact, I praised him as we were leaving the soccer field saying, "Luke! I'm so proud of you! You made a goal!" He put on his teenage demeanor and replied matter of factly, "Yeah, I'm awesome." (yes, he actually said that). Despite his lack of excitement, I have to agree that he is awesome. Not necessarily an awesome soccer player, but an awesome son and person all around. I can't wait to see what kind of man he grows up to be - I know he will be awesome.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

awwww, so that's cool! Congrats Luke!! and mommy too! ;-) I can't wait until Zach is into sports and stuff!